-
Registered
Cpu change.
Hey guys, I am about to change my CPU to a new CPU, R5 - 1600 to R7 - 2700X
Won't change my motherboard tho.
I believe we have some PC experts here, so I would like to ask, if I change the CPU, do I need to format my PC?
I believe I may need to update my BIOS for that obviously, but will my HWID change aswell?
-
-
Registered
No need to format your pc but maybe you need to update bios.
But windows will make the required cpu updates at the first boot
Last edited by SerimArda; 11-18-2018 at 10:31 PM.
Pay using PayPal, PaySafeCard and many other payment options. CLICK HERE
-
-
Registered

Originally Posted by
SerimArda
No need to format your pc but maybe you need to update bios.
Windows will make the required updates at the first boot
So that means, will the BIOS update automatically or do I need to do that for myself?
-
-
Registered
No Windows update automatically, Bios is manual if needed.
Pay using PayPal, PaySafeCard and many other payment options. CLICK HERE
-
The Following User Says Thank You to SerimArda For This Useful Post:
-
Registered

Originally Posted by
SerimArda
No Windows update automatically, Bios is manual if needed.
Got it, thank you for help!
YOu can close it.
-
-
Trusted
Solved.
-
This thread is closed.
New replies are turned off. Still need help? Start a new thread in the matching section.