Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new pc :D

Thanks
    Thanked 7,738 Times in 3,269 Posts
    £550 ~ £600 is a solid choice for a future proof pc

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gCK6f7

About the case, it's up to you to be honest. (Keep in mind you need some space for the 970)
    https://pcpartpicker.com/part/raidmax-case-atx403wb
    https://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-s210e001
    https://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler...ase-rc431pkwn2

Not sure about the storage tho, Want to use the old HDD or not?
    If not, then a 1TB/2TB Western Digital Blue will do the job just fine.
    It's up to you as well.

8GB RAM is not enough nowadays..
    Windows + all background programs eat up to 3.5GB ~ 4GB. (If you got a dirty pc )
    Some games nowadays eat up to 3GB ~ 5GB
    And http://downloadmoreram.com/ won't help you

You can also go with an AMD processor, but then the full potential of the video card won't show up in games because the CPU will lack in performance.
    I really not recommending you going with AMD's 2 years old processors.
    When building a computer, you want to aim for that "future proof" build that will allow you do to easy upgrades if needed.
    And since AMD probably won't refresh their processors (or they will ) they would have a fresh platform and because of that you will be forced to upgrade your CPU/MOBO/RAM.
    That's why z97 will fit perfectly in the future, especially with the new CPUs from Intel.

So don't buy old pc parts which won't really change anything, always think about the future.
    Otherwise pay another £600 each 2 years for a new pc
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Reply With Quote (Selected Text) Reply With Quote (Selected Text)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psychopath For This Useful Post:

CadeBackflip (08-06-2015),rohit2819998 (08-04-2015),SystemFiles (08-05-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rohit2819998 View Post
    id go with Intel, not an AMD. i have a Nvidia Geforce 760 on my desktop, and i run most games on High.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Reply With Quote (Selected Text) Reply With Quote (Selected Text)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KripTed For This Useful Post:

rohit2819998 (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychopath View Post
    £550 ~ £600 is a solid choice for a future proof pc

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gCK6f7
    wow sir you really fk** me up >_< now i'm scared to buying a new pc :/ cause i dunno
    just make your best pc worth £500 . if that can possible ?
    and i'm probably sticking with sf2 for the next 3-4 years
    btw @psyco these all parts will come individually ? and i need to build the cpu?
    tbh i started wot £200 - £300 after that ok £350 then £400 okey but now £600 damn parents gonna kill me . ;(
    thanks
    Last edited by rohit2819998; 08-04-2015 at 07:29 PM.

Thanks
    Well, I assume you want a gaming computer right?
    You're not going to play the same game for the next 3-4 years that's just ridiculous.
    I'm sure you'll want to play new modern games and this computer gives you the ability to do so.
    As I've already said, there is no point in buying a computer that will last a year or two max and then you will be forced to upgrade more stuff which will be the cost of a new computer.
    You want to have a solid build for easy upgrades and that will last for a long time.

You can get a lower price if you change the CPU/Motherboard/Ram and the Graphics Card but, I recommend you to wait a few months and get a solid PC that will last you for a long time and allow you to play everything on high/very high/ultra.
    Here is the slightly lower end version: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GzJjMp , http://pcpartpicker.com/p/L9VhXL without CPU Heatsink and still no case, but make sure you pick up CPU BOX version and not TRAY.
    This puts you in the £500 mark, you still can get even cheaper if you change the 970 to 960 but, 960 is a hell no from me. (personal preference)

Yes, If you buy it as parts (Which is the best way to do it because of individual warranty parts) you will have to build it.
    And of course, if you buy it all from the same shop you can ask them to build it for you.

If you want something pre-build have a look here: https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/c...y/configurator

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psychopath For This Useful Post:

KripTed (08-04-2015),rohit2819998 (08-04-2015)

Thanks
    alright lets go higher £1000
    but the s there any possible way in which i could pay the money in (installments) each month like £40-£50 ?

Thanks
    but the s there any possible way in which i could pay the money in (installments) each month like £40-£50 ?
    most places that make you pay with installment loans, you end up paying way more then what they are worth, take Dell for example. your best bet would be to buy the parts separately and build it yourself.

www.newegg.com has some good parts at decent prices. they also have pre-built desktops as well.

Thanks
    There is no need for a £1000 unless you want to build a monster like me.
    Good gaming computer will cost you around £550 ~ £750
    And as I previously said, here is the pre-build PCs that you still can configure: https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/c...y/configurator

But, here is your £1000 PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pdMqf7

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychopath For This Useful Post:

rohit2819998 (08-05-2015)

Thanks
    I'm a technician. In my professional opinion I think it would be worthwhile to buy the parts seperately, make sure they're all compatible, and install them yourself. It's not that tough to do a basic PC build these days. All you need is a screwdriver and a little bit of patience. Of course, if you've never done it before the motherboard manual is a big help.

The i5 processor has been a good middle of the road CPU for most computers, even some gaming computers, for a while now. It's solid ability to multitask and run at a reasonable speed will give you the speed you need without breaking the bank. If it's a budget build you could also consider AMD, however AMD processors are not worth the savings in my opinion, as you will likely face severe overheating and performance loss issues down the road which is annoying to deal with.

As for power supply, don't cheap out on this either as it affects your entire PC. I recommend Corsair 80+ Bronze PSU's. (80+ Bronze is a qualification of efficiency and reliability)

As for motherboard, I prefer ASUS, but MSI and Gigabyte are both pretty decent as well. The case doesn't really matter, as long as it's functional and meets your tastes.

As for memory, you want to get at least 8gb, preferably 12 if you are going to be gaming. I prefer Corsair, but a cheaper alternative will work.

For hard drives, I like Samsung for SSD's, and the Caviar Black series from Western Digital. Caviar Blue is a good, more affordable option at the expense of performance. Caviar green I would recommend avoiding unless you absolutely have to cut costs.

Onto video and sound. Sound is likely the least of your worries since most modern boards come with very competent sound cards already installed onto the motherboard. For video, I recommend a middle of the road GPU from nVidia. Again, I avoid AMD here at all costs. Have not had great experience with their software, as well as serious artifacting issues (severe screen tearing, discoloration and warping etc). nVidia is an industry leader, has amazing software, regular driver updates, and some of the best GPU's on the market.

If you're going to build your own or know anyone else who is willing to build this for you, it's important to keep in mind cable management. Ensuring proper and even airflow through your system will keep it healthier for a longer time and reduce overheating issues that may pop up. On the software end of things, I swear by Windows 7 and absolutely refuse to upgrade to anything else until Microsoft gets their act together. In my opinion do NOT under any circumstances upgrade to Windows 10.

I hope this has been helpful for you

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sierraone For This Useful Post:

KripTed (08-06-2015),rohit2819998 (08-05-2015),SystemFiles (08-05-2015)

Thanks
    Honestly, best bet if you want something that will last you a couple of years will be to get something in the 900-1200 euro range...

Coming from an American perspective I don't know exactly how much things cost in Europe, but guessing how things in USA cost 1200 for a decent gaming PC thats my guess for you.

Personally I wouldn't get an AMD graphics card because those do not have the higher processing rates as NVidia and usually come with lower dedicated memory. Something I came across on FPSLeague (the comp league for Soldier Front 2) was somebody looking for something similar to you. Another player recommended that they just buy the individual parts and build it themselves.
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pCkbYJ is a list of parts that will last you a good 2-3 years and still be able to keep up with modern gaming technologies. Easily be able to do high graphics on most games and in 2-3 years still be on medium-high graphics. As well, if you build it yourself, it will be easy to upgrade in the future, saving you a LOT of money down the line.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dster For This Useful Post:

rohit2819998 (08-19-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dster View Post
    Honestly, best bet if you want something that will last you a couple of years will be to get something in the 900-1200 euro range...

Coming from an American perspective I don't know exactly how much things cost in Europe, but guessing how things in USA cost 1200 for a decent gaming PC thats my guess for you.

Personally I wouldn't get an AMD graphics card because those do not have the higher processing rates as NVidia and usually come with lower dedicated memory. Something I came across on FPSLeague (the comp league for Soldier Front 2) was somebody looking for something similar to you. Another player recommended that they just buy the individual parts and build it themselves.
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pCkbYJ is a list of parts that will last you a good 2-3 years and still be able to keep up with modern gaming technologies. Easily be able to do high graphics on most games and in 2-3 years still be on medium-high graphics. As well, if you build it yourself, it will be easy to upgrade in the future, saving you a LOT of money down the line.
    thanks alot mate but i don't have enough balls to buy product worth $1200 at the same time :/ damn need to wait 5-6 months and till that time there rates probably gonna go high OH GOD!