Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Antivirus Question

This has NOTHING to do with the cheat or this website, it's a personal question.

Alright, I seem to have gotten a virus/malware/spyware thing called launchpage, which messed around with my browser settings, bookmarks, and all that, it also creates a bunch of advertisements and popups. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this stupid thing and if so, what program did you use to delete it? My free antiviruses doesn't pick it up and for the life of me I can't find it in my files which is why I want to go buy a decent antivirus, especially one that will get rid of this.

Thanks for any help and information provided.
    If you go to someones house and they don't have any books, don't sleep with them.

Thanks
    Boot into safe mode and run malware bytes as well as any other online scanners.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gods Buffoon View Post
    This has NOTHING to do with the cheat or this website, it's a personal question.

Alright, I seem to have gotten a virus/malware/spyware thing called launchpage, which messed around with my browser settings, bookmarks, and all that, it also creates a bunch of advertisements and popups. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this stupid thing and if so, what program did you use to delete it? My free antiviruses doesn't pick it up and for the life of me I can't find it in my files which is why I want to go buy a decent antivirus, especially one that will get rid of this.

Thanks for any help and information provided.
    What free anti-virus are you currently using? I have always used Microsoft Essentials/Defender + Common Sense and haven't had any issues in a while now.

Thanks
    for me , i am not using any anti-virus, i hate it everytime about and installation about cheat and get blocked by software anti-virus and can'T use so im preffer unistall anti-virus for me ,i have no any problem with cheat or something

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksnake View Post
    for me , i am not using any anti-virus, i hate it everytime about and installation about cheat and get blocked by software anti-virus and can'T use so im preffer unistall anti-virus for me ,i have no any problem with cheat or something
    Usually safe that route as long as you are not looking at any shady sites

Thanks
    https://www.360totalsecurity.com/ ths is Good And Free! program for virus malwar and Other things like cleaner and etc .. But Be sure to activate Avira and Bitdefender in program https://www.360totalsecurity.com/dow...otal-security/
    Last edited by king0; 04-10-2017 at 05:11 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgundy666 View Post
    Boot into safe mode and run malware bytes as well as any other online scanners.
    I just finished trying that, downloaded the premium trial, and these are the things I was suggested to try out; Malwarebytes, Spybot S&D, AdAware, Superantispyware and just the free AVG. I've tried all of these and it still seems that I have it.
    If you go to someones house and they don't have any books, don't sleep with them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gods Buffoon View Post
    I just finished trying that, downloaded the premium trial, and these are the things I was suggested to try out; Malwarebytes, Spybot S&D, AdAware, Superantispyware and just the free AVG. I've tried all of these and it still seems that I have it.
    Best bet from here is an OS reload to be 100% sure it is gone

Thanks
    Thanked 7,738 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Get a USB Drive or external HDD, save all your important things like passwords, bookmarks, sites, text files and etc.. Anything that is important to you and format the drive..
    It's pointless to bother removing malware.. Just format, it's the easiest way, but also the most annoying one if you have a slow internet to download all the games and the rest..
    Before you format, I suggest you check your desktop and programs that you have installed, make a list of what you will need on a fresh windows, most importantly, if the virus is just ad based, then you shouldn't be scared to download drivers beforehand so it will be ready after the format.
    This will guarantee a virus free system.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychopath For This Useful Post:

NONONOO (04-10-2017)

Thanks
    I hope you can fix your problem if not I agree with Psychopath give your PC a new life and format the drive

ciao