Thanks

Is this bottleneck for me?

so i guess its a bottleneck i have....i have i5 6500 and gtx 970 8GB DDR4 2133MHz i used to have same specs only difference is my older gpu gtx 760 performed better than my gtx 970example i play most of my games on high preset (becuz i cant see the difference anyway so i rather have more fps) my gtx 760 can in GTA V get 100+ fps but when i play those same settings on my 970 i get 50 - 70 fps LIKE WTF!!! but i just dont get why my i5 6500 should bottleneck a gtx 970? can anyone here help?useally my cpu useage is 80 - 90% and my gpu usage is only 50-60% sometimes a little higher

Should i order i7 6700
    And another 8gb ram?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Reply With Quote (Selected Text) Reply With Quote (Selected Text)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,738 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Sounds like a software (driver) issue or actually a hardware issue (GTX 970)
    I don't see why i5 6500 would bottleneck, It's fine for games.
    Have you tried to do a full format? (If ssd, then erase it completely using bios or manufacturer tools. That is if it's available of course)
    Clean the ssd/hdd completely and do a fresh windows install, make sure to do it all with the 970 in the computer and of course don't forget to install all the latest drivers from the manufacturers official sites.

Compare the results between 970 and 760 see if it's the same deal. If it is then it must be a faulty GPU or actually something with the motherboard's bandwidth which you can try to put it one PCIE slot lower.
    And if even after this you still have the same results then you need to send it somewhere to be checked. There is no other reason why would a better GPU like 970 perform worse than a 760. I would understand if a GTX 960 will perform worse, but that's because in some cases it does.
    Also, going from i5 6500 to i7 6700 you will gain maybe 1 to 5 fps.. depends on the game.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Reply With Quote (Selected Text) Reply With Quote (Selected Text)

Thanks
    I Tried Almost everything still worse :/

Thanks
    With my setup

I5 , 6600K (clocked at 4.4ghz)
    GTX 970 4GB 1560mhz

I experienced the same issues,
    These are a few steps that really helped me out:

1: Clean drivers, download the latest drivers from Nvidia, and perform a clean install.
    2: After the fresh install, make sure to restart and clean old nvidia files
    3: Once done, open the Nvidia Configuration panel, check all the settings and make sure that under "3D" settings, you check "Let the application decide", Nvidia standard has this setting on
    "Nvidia settings", if you prefer this, you could edit the Global settings in the tab next to it... Make sure to not use the "Slider" to 'emphasize quality', as it is known to cause performance issues.
    4: Check game config , if needed verify the installation

Once everything is clean, and setup
    verify the health of your graphic card, there are several tools out there that can be used: It's which you prefer.

After checking this, the report will hopefully let you know if it is a software, or hardware problem.
    If it seems to be healthy, and has no major issues that you need to address first, try running the same game
    and check for differences.

My GTX 970 isn't really a FPS beast, but this is what I've done today and I can see major improvements in stability now: I Hope it helps you too !
    If you have any questions, I'll try my best to help.

Thanks
    So buying a i7 6700 wont fix?

Thanks
    You have a pretty good setup actually, buying a new CPU would of course increase performance, but
    you could better try the above steps, as these will improve performance without doubt.

Most of the time it is software acting up, and not related to hardware at all.

The components you say you have are more than decent enough ,
    however 16GB of RAM is the recommended these days, so if you really want to upgrade anything; that would be good.

Thanks
    how do i verify the health?
    i just visited my friend to see if he have same problems as me on same settings and he is having

i5 6500
    16GB DDR4
    gtx 1070

and his card usage in gta v is only 30% WTF

Thanks
    That is not a bottleneck issue, i used to have an FX-8350 and i had more fps with the 970 than 50, i highly suggest you to post your problem on these forums (that are meant for this stuff), you will probably get a solution there

Toms hardware: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/

Linus tech tips: https://linustechtips.com/main/
    Last edited by Jakubi; 10-18-2016 at 11:50 PM.