Thread: 1st PC Build

Thanks

Cool 1st PC Build

Hey all, this is my first PC build (never built one before) tell me what you think if I should upgrade/remove some stuff. (Remember I am a noob)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB FTW ACX 2.0+ Video Card (I will upgrade to 970 later on..)

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition ATX Mid Tower Case

PSU: Corsair CX600M

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST (needed to install games by disc.. I won't wait hours for a game to download)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Reply With Quote (Selected Text) Reply With Quote (Selected Text)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flunky631 View Post
    Hey all, this is my first PC build (never built one before) tell me what you think if I should upgrade/remove some stuff. (Remember I am a noob)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
    Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB FTW ACX 2.0+ Video Card (I will upgrade to 970 later on..)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition ATX Mid Tower Case
    PSU: Corsair CX600M
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST (needed to install games by disc.. I won't wait hours for a game to download)
    You already build it or ?

If no then just go with the 1151 socket "Skylake" also might wanna hold on the GPU since they are coming out with Pascal new Nvidia GPU"S

Edit.

Skylake:

Skylake CPU :http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-561-_-Product

1151 Mobo (comes down to what you like but has to be socket 1151 if you gonna use skylake CPU) :http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-876-_-Product

DDR4 Ram 8gb http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-886-_-Product
    Last edited by Sweet Tooth; 03-16-2016 at 12:25 AM.
    I am a 25 year old gay woman who has had a crush on an older woman at work and resently found out she isn't interested in me. Oh well, so I am trying to find that woman who would enjoy my company. I am a nice woman who will respect your situation if you want this to be our little secret. I might be up for a threesome, but would really enjoy the two of us. I am gainfully employed so I am not looking for handouts, but I do enjoy shopping and thought that might be a fun first date. I love beach walks, feeling the wind in my hair, and cooking. Want to know more, we can chat through e mails, but must have voice verification before we meet. Still want to explore this? Just reply, I am home and ready : -)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Reply With Quote (Selected Text) Reply With Quote (Selected Text)

Thanks
    Still haven't built it.

I'm not going with a Skylake build as I've heard the 4690k is already powerful enough. I will upgrade to a better GPU in the future such as 970, 980 but in the meantime the 960 should do well with the games I want to play.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flunky631 View Post
    Still haven't built it.

I'm not going with a Skylake build as I've heard the 4690k is already powerful enough. I will upgrade to a better GPU in the future such as 970, 980 but in the meantime the 960 should do well with the games I want to play.
    Understandable. but dont buy a 960 if you are planning to buy a 970 or 980 in the future . I always skip one generation GPU's i have 780 ti i skipped the 900 series and buy the next series Pascal which is coming around April "so i heard"
    Last edited by Sweet Tooth; 03-16-2016 at 12:43 AM.
    I am a 25 year old gay woman who has had a crush on an older woman at work and resently found out she isn't interested in me. Oh well, so I am trying to find that woman who would enjoy my company. I am a nice woman who will respect your situation if you want this to be our little secret. I might be up for a threesome, but would really enjoy the two of us. I am gainfully employed so I am not looking for handouts, but I do enjoy shopping and thought that might be a fun first date. I love beach walks, feeling the wind in my hair, and cooking. Want to know more, we can chat through e mails, but must have voice verification before we meet. Still want to explore this? Just reply, I am home and ready : -)

Thanks
    The next GPU will probably cost more than this build altogether:doh2:

Thanks
    I have a 4690k and its totally worth it, you should go for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E690EDwUOs

This is how GTA 5 with ENB performs on my system, with a 4690k and a overlocked GTX 970

Thanks
    omg smexy graphics

Thanks
    Thanks alot, spent quite a time working on custom settings that would work on Ultra settings, you would definitely not do anything wrong with your current build.
    Maybe 960 to 970 would be good if you have the money for it, otherwise its fine.

Thanks
    I probably won't be playing GTA 5 anyways, I'm going to be playing games like CS:GO, BO3, JC3, Far Cry Primal, etc.. Eventually like I stated I will move on to a more powerful graphics card when I can. (I'm only 15 so yea)